Lyft WAV Wheelchair Vans
How to Become a Lyft WAV Driver?
Lyft WAV (Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle) is a service offered by Lyft to provide transportation for passengers with disabilities. As a Lyft WAV driver, you can help bridge the gap in accessible transportation and provide a valuable service to those who need it. If you’re interested in becoming a Lyft WAV driver, here are some steps to get started.
- Meet the eligibility requirements To become a Lyft WAV driver, you must meet the eligibility requirements for Lyft drivers, as well as the additional requirements for WAV drivers. You must be at least 21 years old, have a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record. You must also have a vehicle that meets the WAV requirements, which includes being able to accommodate a passenger in a wheelchair.
- Sign up for Lyft If you’re not already a Lyft driver, you’ll need to sign up to become one. You can do this by visiting the Lyft website or downloading the Lyft app and following the prompts to sign up. You’ll need to provide your personal information, including your name, address, and driver’s license number, as well as information about the vehicle you’ll be using.
- Apply to be a Lyft driver Once you’re signed up as a Lyft driver, you can apply to become a Lyft WAV driver. You’ll need to provide documentation that your vehicle meets the WAV requirements, including proof of registration and insurance. You’ll also need to pass a vehicle inspection to ensure that your vehicle is safe and meets the WAV requirements.
- Complete the WAV training Before you can start driving as a Lyft WAV driver, you’ll need to complete the WAV training. This training is designed to teach you how to properly assist passengers with disabilities, including how to properly secure a passenger in a wheelchair. The training is available online and can be completed at your own pace.
- Start driving Once you’ve completed the WAV training and your vehicle has been approved, you can start driving as a Lyft WAV driver. When you receive a ride request, you’ll be notified if the passenger requires a WAV. You’ll need to make sure that you’re able to accommodate the passenger’s needs and provide a safe and comfortable ride.
About Adaptive Vans
Since 1979, Adaptive Vans has had one clear goal: to provide our customers with excellence, simplicity and convenience at an affordable price. We are a proud charter member of the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) and align with their mission to improve transportation options for people with disabilities. We strive to produce high quality wheelchair accessible vehicles to help people with disabilities lead happy, healthy and more mobile lives.
We also take safety very seriously. As a member of NMEDA, we strictly adhere to the safety standards of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and participate in NMEDA’s Quality Assurance Program™ (QAP), a nationally recognized accreditation program for the mobility equipment industry developed to promote quality, dependability, and safety.
In 1979 Adaptive Mobility Systems, Inc. began by installing lifts and custom components in vans for wheelchair accessibility. In 1999, under current management, we designed and manufactured our first lowered floor minivan conversion. We have built and crash tested our minimally invasive conversions on the Dodge, Chrysler, VW, Kia, Honda, and Toyota minivan platforms while not compromising the structural integrity of the vehicle and exceeding safety standards.
From 1999 to 2017 all our conversions were sold exclusively by AMS Vans, an internet marketer, under the branding “AMS.” In late 2017 AMS Vans sold its business, ending our long partnership. We now independently sell our conversions to mobility dealers all over the United States, and recently to the public with the new branding “Adaptive Vans.” Using the knowledge and skills we gained from converting over 7,000 vans we believe we can offer the strongest, simplest, and safest wheelchair accessible vans at a price no other manufacturer can compete with.
Based in Tucker, Georgia, our production facility is staffed with skilled professionals, using the latest technology to create converted vehicles that are easy to maintain and service at one of our many service centers across the country. Whether selecting a van from our inventory or converting a van purchased from another source, our finished products appear and perform nearly identical from a vehicle purchased directly from the manufacturer’s showroom. We are able to perform conversions that match up with our customers’ needs and desires. Whether they are looking for side or rear entry, we are able to come up with the perfect solution at a price that is well within reach for most families.
Thanks to our long-standing reputation as a trusted brand, we are able to work with mobility dealers and car dealerships to help them provide their customers with the freedom and accessibility that a wheelchair-accessible van can deliver.Safety, reliability and quality. Take a look at what Adaptive Vans has to offer and start planning your mobile future.